Thursday, January 14, 2010

Coffee and Love???!!!


THIS IS AN OLD POST THAT I AM REVISITING AS I SIT AT NAKED LOUNGE IN MIDTOWN:

As I sit here sipping my iced coffee. I am surrounded by two first dates. The couple on my right seem to have met on myspace. Both are 21 and are shooting interview like questions back and forth. The guy is saying some very odd things which include: "Some kid pooped his pants in front of me yesterday in line", "If you ever decide to not wear a shirt, I have a buddy who lives in the woods and we run around naked all the time...", and "I know this place in Vegas where we can get like 103 proof alcohol...we could be drunk at noon if we want". (He seems like such a winner). The girl's body language is definitely closed off...do you blame her?

The couple behind me sound like they were hooked up by their friend. The exact opposite is happening with these two. The man seems very put together and quiet. The woman on the other hand is VERY loud and over the top. She keeps talking about how trashed she got this weekend and how she can't remember what exactly happened over the weekend. As she moves closer...the man moves even farther away.

I LOVE PEOPLE WATCHING!!!! Local coffee shops are once again the modern day singles clubs. I am so glad that I am married...I don't think I could survive being single in this Internet, caffeine soaked scene. Dating in this new era, it's a totally new world!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment